Historic Tintaldra Store & Tea Rooms, established in 1864 and listed with the National Trust, is the “top spot” on the upper Murray River. Built of natural materials available in the area at the time (such as River Red Gum and Stringy Bark) the store is a living history taking visitors back in time. Located on the Victorian side of the Murray River, in its heyday Tintaldra was a ‘thriving metropolis’; in the pre-bridge days with its punt and Customs House it was one of the few places to cross the river into NSW.
There is a fascinating collection inside the historic Tintaldra Store, featuring a 150 year old Organ, photo gallery, an exceptionally beautiful pianola which guests can play, as well as other artefacts of the era. Behind the Store is the Historic Wood-fired Bakery.
“The Aussie Lunch Experience” is available for tourist coaches and other touring groups (bookings essential), with “Dinkum Aussie tucker” served on enamel plates in the Store.
- Devonshire Teas
- Old fashioned service
- Historic artefacts on display
- Groups Welcome (bookings essential)
- Spectacular views over the Murray River and Snowy Mountains beyond
- Bett’s Bed & Breakfast is right next door
- 1910 wood-fired bakery behind the store (no longer operating but fascinating to visit)
- Open Weekdays 10am – 4pm
5 Main St, Tintaldra, Vic, 3708