The Y Water Discovery Centre incorporates a Visitor Information Centre and also an Interpretive and Educational Centre focussing on water and has received tourism awards and a special commendation at the World Environment Day Awards.
The Discovery Centre is located alongside the Yea Wetlands. The wetlands consist of boardwalks, bird hides, interpretive signage and a suspension bridge over the Yea River. It is a tranquil haven for native birds and animals, including kingfishers, koalas, wallabies, platypus, waterbirds and frogs.
Guided wetland tours are available for groups of 8 or more at a cost of $10 per person including morning or afternoon tea. Bookings essential.
- Visitor Information Centre
- Interpretive and Educational Centre
- Gift Shop
- 32 hectare wetlands with abundant wildlife
- Free Wi-Fi
- Picnic area with BBQ facilities
- Open 7 days a week, 9am – 5pm, closed Christmas Day and Good Friday