The Goulburn and Jamieson Rivers flow into Lake Eildon and are classic mountain streams that meet in the beautiful little town of Jamieson. The upper Goulburn River is narrow and pristine and winds its way from above the historic old mining town of Woods Point. Around 10kms upstream from Jamieson is The Cabin at Kevington in a delightful setting, right on the banks of the Goulburn.
The cabin is set on one acre, sleeps 4 Guests and features 2 bedrooms, one with a queen bed and one with a double bed. Woollen quilts, electric blankets, luxurious linen and towels are provided, along with a walk in shower in the beautiful bathroom. There’s a well-appointed kitchen, comfy couch, arm chairs and floor to ceiling windows overlooking the grounds to the river. There’s even a comfy ‘wooden tent’, which sleeps 2, down by the river featuring a wall of glass at one end to soak up the river views.
The Cabin at Kevington also invites relaxing outdoors with chairs, dining table, sun loungers, gas and a wood-fired bbq, hammock and yoga mat. Sit by the river and listen to nature passing by or wander upstream on a fishing adventure which could easily include lunch at the Kevington Hotel to refuel, if you haven’t caught lunch yourself!
- 2 Bedroom, (cabin sleeps 4 Guests)
- Comfy ‘wooden tent’ as 3rd bedroom beside the river (sleeps 2)
- Picturesque, riverside location & relaxing retreat
- Wood Fire, outdoor dining and bbq’s
- Technology detox – no tv or wifi
- Lots of board games, jigsaws, books and magazines.
- Pets allowed – enquire with owner
- Under an hour drive from the base of Mt Buller
- 750m to the Kevington Hotel
4621 Mansfield-Woods Point Rd, Kevington, Vic, 3723